Music for Glorantha (and beyond...)

From: Sir Alisander <sir.alisander_at_earthling.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 15:13:37 +0200

        I don't know if someone has written a theory about music and role-playin= g,
but these are my personal suggestion to enhance the experience:

Prax campaign opening titles: Tchaikovsky, Swan Lake Act II No. 10

Discovery: Wagner, Mourning March from "The Twilight of the Gods"

Farewell: Meat Loaf, "Objects in the Rear View..." and "I'd Lie for Your" from, for example, "The Very Best of Meat Loaf" and Deep Purple, "Soldier=  of
Fortune" from "Stormbringer".

Ending titles: ELP, "Farewell to Arms" from "Black Moon"

Heroic but doomed action: Mussorgsky, "Pictures at an Exhibition" N=B0 10=  "The
Great Gates of Kiev" (but only in the orchestral version)

Elric! and Hawkmoon opening titles: Hawkwind (also a good name for an Orlanthi clan), "Assault & Battery" from "Warrior on the Edge of Time"

Elric! and Hawkmoon closing titles: Hawkwind, "Golden Void" op. cit.

Faerie Setting: Blackmore's Night, "Shadow of the Moon" (ample choice of Faerie themes)

and so on.

PS: since this is the very first time I write to the Glorantha Digest, I = may
as well introduce myself. I'm a 23 years old Italian Runequester. I've be= en
playing RPGs since 1987, and from 1992 mainly RuneQuest. My first campaig= n
wasn't set in Glorantha, but in Fantasy Earth, at the end of the Viking E= ra.
I was one of the few people who liked non-gloranthan settings the most, a= nd
even now that I am completely converted to the Lunar Way I still think th= at
RuneQuest is the best RPG system avalaible, and Vikings its best suppleme= nt.
What a shame to let it die!

        Alex

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #514