Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #515

From: John Holmes <jdholmes_at_igc.apc.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 18:24:36 -0700

> Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 04:55:39 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Tom Merchant <elysia69_at_yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #514
>
> John D. Holmes wrote:
>
> >(PS: we hated Dobyski's artwork as much as everyone >else did.)
>
> If the editors hated the artwork why was Dobyski retained as
> illustrator?.

Not by the editors at Chaosium, but over at Avalon Hill.

Chaosium sent Avalon Hill paste-ups with nice little holes with captions under them to be plugged by Avalon Hill's artist.

When we saw what Dobyski filled 'em with, we were not pleased...

But that was the arrangement at the time, so that's what happened.

After Elder Secrets, for some reason or other there were no more packs produced as a collaborative effort between Avalon Hill and Chaosium.

> If Hero Wars doesn't have design and artwork at least as good as the
> White Wolf line it will sink like a stone. It would be a shame for this
> project to fail for the sake of a decent art director and a half-decent
> budget.
>
> If Hero Wars comes out looking as bad as I think it might I will cry...

Not to worry, the $50,000 was raised specifically to avoid this kind of situation.