Pubs.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 02:25:24 +0100 (BST)

Brian Tickler:
> Your own point about the
> problem with RQ3 is pretty much exactly what I was referring to in my
> comments, I just didn't want to say the term "RQ3", since that would
> immediately invalidate whatever I said in some people's minds, since they've
> already classified me as "incorrigible RQ2 fanatic, beyond redemption"...

Ah, I now discern more clearly. I thought you were making a preemptive criticism of HW on said grounds. (Known marginal propensity to Rail may have been a factor in this impression.) Indeed, I think this was very much an Error in RQ3 publication strategy, at least seen with the benefit of hindsight (and disregarding whatever other Good Intentions went by the wayside). However, I don't think that HW can be beaten with this particular stick; aside from whatever goes into the 'core' books by way of overview material ("Prax is a nice place to invade to obtain a Warm Water Port, but you wouldn't want to live there") I understand that it'll be taking the basic approach of 'don't do an area, until you can do it to death'.

I personally think this is exactly the right approach, and I also greatly appove of their choice for the first such, to wit, Sartar. Naturally people are going to have divergant views on what the 'correct' ordre of treatment is, but Sartar is a hard ome to argue with. (Dashed useful even if one is running a Prax campaign, most obviously if the characters are Exiles, but in general, too. Same could be said of the (second-up) Lunar material.) A set of Prax books I don't see as being a good choice for the 'first wave', for reasons already (much) discussed.

Slan,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #518