R: Chaos is a bad, bad thing!

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 16:23:28 +0100

Alexandre Lanciani :

>I'm sparse on the info about the Wild Healer of the Rockwoods, but I do
>know there are Chaos cleansing rites that enable Broos and some other
>creatures to be cleansed without Illumination (such as the Cleansed One
>subcult of Zola Fel.)

To be precise, there are some Gloranthans who believe that it is possible to cleanse a chaotic creature of it's chaoticness. That does not necesserily make it so. IMHO the Zola Fel cultists are wrong. Perhaps the Broo known as the 'cleansed one' was in fact illuminated?

As for the Wild Healer, it turned up in a game I was playing in, in which I was playing a trollish Xiola Umbar priest. I immediately drew weapons and attacked, only to be struck unconcious by the traitorous humans accompanying me.

Everyone knows the Wild Healer is a broo. Everyone knows it lives among it's fellow broos and other assorted chaotic nasties. I could have killed it there and then! The way I see it, if the Wild Healer heals any of it's fellow chaotics and saves it's life, and if that chaotic kills a single troll, then those pesky Brooloving human do-gooders have the blood of that troll on their hands!

On reviewing the situation, I just noticed a certain amount of parallel between this situation and the Lead Cross Quest. Hmmm.

Simon Hibbs