Re: clans; math

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:13:03 -0700

BTW, I do just make up clan names when needed -- but then I write them down so I'll have them again later, and can try to keep them semi-consistent.

Brian Tickler

> you need to add the Skullmound Bison to your list though ;)...).

What's the source for this? Or does the smiley indicate a joke I don't get?

> Why is that certain cults are labelled as
> powergamer-type cults and treated as one-dimensional, while other more
> polically correct cults like Waha, Ernalda, etc. are allowed to have real
> depth?

I doubt it has to do with their being "powergamer" cults, but more because of their focus. Waha and Ernalda are cults that every adult of the correct gender belong to (rounding off "every"). They *have* to have depth in order to incorporate the diversity of all adults. Storm Bull merely has to accomodate thugs.

Now, it may be fun playing a thug, but that doesn't mean that an actual societal cult for them has a whole lot of depth.

> "if people just played Waha characters,
> then he wouldn't be irrelevant". Ain't gonna happen.

It all depends on the focus of the campaign. You can be sure that if Jeff Richard ever ran a Praxian campaign, politics would be crucial, and you'd be in much better political position as a worshipper of Waha, the main god, rather than Storm Bull, a fun, useful, and marginal god.

Chris Bell

> Glorantha is a world of Myth, not Math.

Hah! You pagan, you, you, barbarian!

Don't forget that the Malkioni see the hero plane as a place of Platonic ideals, not as an action adventure like you Theyalans do. Thus proving that Glorantha is in fact a world of math.