Storm Brooke vs. Brian Tada.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:54:02 +0100 (BST)

Nick Brooke waxes lyrical:
> Brian wrote lots. I'll try to write less.

I scored the bout as an 8K draw... At least in length. A WGO investigation is pending, however.

> > IMO, if a factoid isn't useful to gaming and it never comes up in play,
> > then it's just irrelevant, plain and simple.

> The "factoid" in question is that Praxian culture is defined by the Way of
> Waha. If that never comes up in your Praxian games... then something has
> probably gone wrong with your Glorantha.

I dunno if I go that far, but I agree with the gist. Even if all your group of Praxian PCs are Storm Bull types [hard-bitten homocide detectives, who don't shower too often, wear cheap suits, and 'bend the rules'], then they'll still have to _interact_ with 'normal society' in some shape or form. Such as when their own tribe/clan chief orders them to do something [rotund black lieutenant tells them they have 24 hours to crack the case], or when they bump into some other bunch of Praxians [kindly old desk sargeant from neighbouring precinct]. I trust I make my point insulting obvious. ;-)

Plus as Nick says, HW ought to make playing a Waha or Eiritha dood more interesting, if only because working for the good of the clan (band, lineage, sub-tribe...) becomes a bit more rewarding when you can start to see, in some sort of games terms, what the 'good of the clan' actually is.

Cheers,
Alex.