Voralan PCs

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 15:58:10 EDT

Simon Hibbs:

<< >Basically there is no reason (other than the whims of Chaosium >authors)
why black elves should be any less playable than green >or brown elves.

 Who personaly I don't feel are very well suited as PCs anyway.>>

     Fortunately, IMHO, Issaries evidently feels otherwise, for an Elf Players Book is on their list of future projects. Not very high up, one suspects, but that's it there at all (when Prax, for example, isn't yet) suggests that somebody somewhere feels elves should be able to make good player characters. This will certainly require more detailed material than we have at present, but I can't see any reason why elves should be less playable than trolls, for example.

<< Why should all sentient species in Glorantha be playable? After all they're _not_ human. Why should all their minds and values necesserily be compatible with human psychology?>>

     Well, obviously they aren't, because dragonewts are clearly not intended to be PCs, and there's a few other races that are almost equally weird - timinits, for instance. And I agree with you that the non-humanity of non-humans is a Good Thing. But, still, if elves are supposed to be playable, I don't see why voralans should be completely UNplayable, and it will be interesting to see if they do feature as unusual, but viable, options in the Elf Players Book. I'm inclined to suspect they won't, but its going to be a heck of a long time before we find out :-)

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky