Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #519

From: Brian Tickler <tickler_at_netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 13:01:29 -0700 (PDT)

> Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:29:35 -0700
> From: Steven Barnes <SBarnes_at_brio.com>
> Subject: Clans in Prax?
>
> And yet, nobody I gamed with knew that Orlanthi had Celtic / Viking clan
> structures
> (one suspects that this was "discovered" by Greg in his Chaosium house
> campaign).
> Looking at the map, one sees cities and towns, connected by roads. Based on
> the
> previous experience rules added to the back of RQ2, one would assume that
> guilds
> existed. In fact, the whole thing looked vaguely like your generic mideval
> fantasy
> world. Since you could just buy spells by paying the requisite cash as
> described
> in the rules, this idea of adventurers requiring support from their
> clan/tribe did not occur
> to us.

Thanks for perfectly explaining a timeline of events that pretty much every early adopter of RQ went through unless they were less than 2 degrees of separation removed from Greg :)...(BTW, can anyone connect Greg Stafford to Kevin Bacon in under 6 steps?). Personally I was 2 degrees of separation removed from Greg early on and took what I could glean from Al Dewey's and Ken Kaufer's games...this later became about 4 degrees of separation on average, though, and remains that way...