Humakti severance and hello

From: Stephen Royle <s.m.royle_at_newport.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 14:55:11 +0100

I am currently running a Sartarite campaign, set around a Taraling Clan stead, called Fallen Oak, where the players are young, 15/16 yr old just initiated Orlanthi.
My query concerns one of the players who wishes to join Humakt, he is an orphan and is sort of pre-destined to follow Humakt. Culturally, would the severance from his family /clan be total or could/would he still have ties? Would he be able to stay at the stead?
How would Sartarite farmers view him, could he carry on helping around the place?
Could/would he lose magic gained through just Orlanth or would he lose everything not from Humakt, I guess this depends on how complete a severance it is?
Does the initiate usually choose or is it cultural, on how severe a severance it is.
I'm sure I've read somewhere that it does vary, can't remeber where. Also if anybody knows good sources on the web for Humakt, particularly stories/myths I would be appreciated.

Finally, as a first time digester, let me introduce myself. I'm Steve, currently living in Cardiff. I have played Glorantha from 1982 onwards. loved RQ2, thought RQ3 was okay, can't wait for Hero Wars and can only remember 1or 2 Storm Bull PC's, and we played loads in Prax/Pavis. But then again I cannot remember 1 Waha PC. If anybody was at the last Convulsions, I played in the Life Of Moonson freeform, I was Roan-Ur and I was robbed. (This refers to just losing out to Count Julan in the contest for Emperor)

Thanks
Steve