Godplane POVs

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:00:13 EDT

Chris Bell responds to Dave:

<< >Don't forget that the Malkioni see the hero plane as a place of Platonic
>ideals, not as an action adventure like you Theyalans do. Thus proving that
>Glorantha is in fact a world of math.

 ROTFL! Very good, Dave!
 I think it might be more accurate to have the Malkioni believe that the  Godplane is a world of *symbols* (The Runes) while the Mostali see it as  simply the level of Reality that contains the basic equations of the World  Machine. To the Mostali, it would be Math! :)   >>
But I'm afraid I disagree slightly. Leave the Pure Mathematics to the Brithini, Particle Physics to the Godlearners, Applied Mathematics (and Engineering) to the Mostali. Spreading this analogy a little wider than is healthy leads to Botany for the Aldryami, Statistics for the Vadeli. Orlanthi - - Saturday morning cartoons, Lunars - Sociology, Uz - Home Economics.

Keith N