Dialectic World Creation

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:00:16 EDT

I view this chaos thing as a dialectical thing;

<< Glorantha arose from chaos >>
first Chaos
then
'Nature/Glorantha' (the created world)
then
Chaos + 'Nature' reborn as (created world + time)

Other points:

Gods are effectively outside of time - they cannot properly interact with it, they are not properly part of the world of time.

Time can be seen to destroy the world, or at least the world as it was. Destroying the world was one of the functions of chaos so it can be seen that it suceeds with every second that passes. That there is Chaos, such as Dragonsnails, in the world is no more unnatural than there are worship ceremonies which take people to the Godtime, the 'world without time'.

I think there are other examples of this sort of thing is Glorantha. Of the top of my head -

first Orlanth
then the Red Goddess
then something that's going to happen in the future to do with dragons an invisible moons.

first Yelm
then
Rebellus Terminus
then (eventually) the Great Compromise.

Sorry if this is a load of old tosh, I'm not really a philosopher.

Keith N