Cult depth

From: danny bourne <d.bourne_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 11:49:24 +0100

>There is only so much depth that a small cult can have. You don't get
>real depth in the marginal cults like Storm Bull, Babestor Gor, Black
>Fang, etc. You can't. How much depth and complexity can 50 people have?
>Particularly when they are nearly all young males?

I don't think you're coming at this from the right direction. A small cult can have plenty of depth, it's down to the capabilities of the person playing the character. (If anyone remembers Pete Nash's baboon, they'll know that). Even the most well written, detailed etc cult can be drab if the person playing a PC of that cult is a poor roleplayer).