Re : Humakti severance and hello

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 15:20:43 +0100

Stephen Royle :

>My query concerns one of the players who wishes to join Humakt, he is an
>orphan and is sort of pre-destined to follow Humakt. Culturally, would the
>severance from his family /clan be total or could/would he still have ties?

I'd say it's a matter of striking a ballance between natural human emotional responses ("He may be legaly and moraly a Humakti now, but damn it he's still my Pa!") and making sure that the ritual and social obligations that come with Humakt initiation are not taken lightly.

A character who joins Humakt may be seperated from his kin, but it's quite possible that he would be allowed to be a friend and ally to them in his new life. He will not be able to speak for them in legal cases though, nor will he be able to inherit.

Humakt himself severed his ties with Orlanth, yet Humakti are the right hand men of Orlanthi kings and chieftans. Humakt is still the sword of Orlanth, but he is nolonger his brother.

> . .... If anybody was at the last Convulsions,
>I played in the Life Of Moonson freeform, I was Roan-Ur and I was robbed.

I was, and you're right you were very deffinitely robbed. The whole thing was a fix and If I hadn't been treacherously poisoned I would have had something to say about it. All Hail the Black Moon!

Simon Hibbs