Cult of the cleansed one

From: Mittmann, Mike <Mike_Mittmann_at_affymetrix.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:21:18 -0700

Simon Hibbs:
>Chris Bell :
>
>>That's kinda a straw man, Simon. MGF, if that's what rows your boat. It
>>would kinda suck if Zola Fel was wrong (and Greg's writing was an outright
>>a lie. But then, Greg *is* Nysalor...)
>
>Without checking on the cult writeup, I'm sure it's probably correct as
>written in that the story does exist. I must admit I didn't realise it was
>written by Greg though, not that this changes anything. I've asked him
>to his face at law auctions and he's always seemed pretty clear - once
>chaotic, always chaotic.

I have to second Simon, since I had characters who just finished the river of
cradles scenario, and had just
(caution , minor spoiler ahead)
succumbed to the corruption spell, I asked Greg at the Dollar auction how the cleansed one was cleansed, and got the answer back "I'm not sure that he was", which got a nod from Sandy.

My characters tried to get the character cleansed anyway, and since they had someone who could sense chaos, and were able to get Zola Fel's attention ( a bit of the right ritual and a very good roll by a trickster-ish character, who said "ha- Zola Fel can't clean chaos, Zola Fel couldn't even clean my shorts") the party ended up with a the chaotic person scrubbed until we was just bones, the trickster an albino, who has no scent, and is incapable of getting dirty, and the whole party was  washed all the way back down to Corflu to find them face down in the mud again.)

The sub-cult of the cleansed one is now having trouble, and is mostly considered a heresy.

>>Where does the Lead Cross quest appear? Yeah, this is one time where a
>>Humakti could get away with it in a socially *acceptable* manner.

>I only know of the Lead Cross quest from Sandy's description on the digest.
>It's a quest in which the humakti heroquester slaughters the healers in
healer
>valley. Apparently the healers were resurecting people they shouldn't have
>been, thus cheating Death of it's rightfull claims.

Actually, from the write-up of lead crosses in Plunder, it appears that the lead cross quest is not socially acceptable, even to most Humacti.