Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #524

From: Brian Tickler <tickler_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 12:58:25 -0700 (PDT)

> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 09:10:12 +0000
> From: david.boatright_at_clinisis.co.uk
> Subject: Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #522
>
> The community did not know anything better at the time. Then Greg
> moved things on and most people followed, of course a VERY few did
> not.

I'm sure you're VERY convinced of this, but I'm not. RQ2 did not just fold up and die completely when "Greg moved on", you know. I happen to know this, because as late as 1990 I was still starting up splinter-off RQ2 campaigns (most recently; in Italy in 1987 and in Wyoming in 1990). People may have cursed me for getting them involved in an out of print game, but they still searched everywhere to find materials...if I did this, then there must be others, too. Maybe some of those people who keep paying the big $$$ for RQ2 are actually still playing RQ2 (and converting RQ3 materials), instead of the other way around as everyone seems to assume.

> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 13:32:14 +0100
> From: Ashley Munday <Ashley.Munday_at_liffe.com>
> Subject: RE: The Glorantha Digest V6 #523
>
> Ah, go on. You could become some sort of mythical hate figure in the digest.
> Oh, hang on, you already seem to be...

What I need to do now to complete the image is to embrace D&D, post some rule-heavy stuff on why characters shouldn't be allowed to carry any more than 10 pounds of POW storage crystals, etc. :)