Sorry about the chaos...

From: Paul McDonald <kpaul_at_unity.ncsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 22:09:38 -0400

Um...

> Sorry to consume more bandwidth on this, but I just couldn't resist! :)

Sorry twice over, it appears! Three times, if you count this apology. :)

By the way, I thought Simon's essay was *very* good. If I had waited to read his, I probably wouldn't have posted mine (twice). Niel also had many good points - I can certainly see where chaotics have been used as mindless villains in some scenarios. Certainly, I have wondered why someone would volunteer to join a cult where their eventual death (usually at the hands of their fellow cultists) was just almost inevitable.

Still, I think this is the fault of GMs and scenario designers rather than the basic concept - which I think has a lot of potential. Call of Cthulu was mentioned as a contrast, but Drastic Resolutions, Vol. Chaos painted gloranthan chaos with much the same brush. From a plot point of view, chaos can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how it is treated.

Ok, so now I will stop stating the obvious and let the discussion run its course unmolested (by me).