Saird

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 01:23:01 +1200

Tadaaki Kakegawa:

>I read Enclosure II and other recent publication and have questions
>about Sairdian.

>Are [the Sairdites] descendant of Vingkotling (Winter Tribes)?

They are related to them. Some tribes say they are descended from the Vingkotlings, while others deny any relationship. They are really a mixture of both Pelorian and Theyalan cultures, some more than others.

>What is Goddess Reladiva and Star Bear, and is their myth quite
>different from Orlanthi ?

The Star Bear is a Storm God and the local name for Orlanth's Ring. Reladiva is the Goddess of the land and may be the same person as Redalye, one of Vingkot's daughters (the one who married Beren the Rider).

>Do they worship Ernalda (or Oria)?

Yes, according to the GRAY.

>Maybe they have sorcerers, who worship Idvanus or Malkion?

I don't think so. They have no indigeneous tradition of sorcery like the Pelandan Logicians or the Carmanian Vizers.

>How are there Carmanian/Dara Happan/Lunar influence?

There is a great deal of Dara Happan influence and Theyalan influence. I don't see much Carmanian influence because Alkoth lies between Saird and Carmania preventing Carmanian culture from percolating into South Peloria.