Jaldon

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 15:01:36 +1200

Keith Nellist:

>Peter has stated previously that Jaldon has been around before 940(which,
>to be honest, I hadn't really been aware of) but really made an impact
>around 940 after being struck by a vision of perfect teeth on the Plateau
>of Statues after years in the East.

This is not my opinion.

Jaldon is a hero who appears in many generations. During one of those appearances, he went east, saw the vision of perfect teeth etc. My guess is that this occured during his _first_ and formative incarnation which took place before 940. How long before, I don't know, but it was long enough for him to be considered a hero of bygone ages when the Sables discovered the means to awaken him then.

>My current opinion is that Jaldon was a normal
>barbarian hero, and that something made him change just before 940 -
>either something he learnt in the East, or a revelation on the Plateau,
>or something.

A 'normal hero' is an oxymoron. The Praxians are looking for someone to help liberate them. They do not look for any joe blow but the best hero that they can find. They can't choose Waha because he has made peace with both Pavis and the EWF. So after much searching they awakened Jaldon.

Admittedly it would seem rather strange for the Praxians if their promised avatar-cum-mad mullah that they spent so much effort in reawkening simply buggered off to Kralorela for several years instead of helping them defeat Pavis.