Gaming styles:

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 06:16:16 EDT

Further to the Chaos is a cop out, have moral quesions etc thread..

<< add a Star Trek style moral-of-the-story  theme to every adventure...then every game session can just be bulging  with socially redeeming value and valuable lessons...

I can't see why anyone has to stick to any one particular style. One 'session' (I'll not call it an adventure because that narrows down what could happen - an adventure is not apt to describe a law debate for example) could be a straightforward hack and slash, next could have a moral dilemma, then maybe a 'strategy' game where some sort of output has to be maximised (eg planning a caravan route, deciding where to take your nomad beasts for best grazing/low risk etc), political intrigue, full scale warfare. Why not do all of them?

Keith N