Brian's Bandwidth Utterings

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 12:58:19 +0200

Brian Tickler:

> Storytold combat is utterly worthless.

Utter bollocks.

> The typical ploy, eh, to take anyone who prefers a few actual rules
> and
> label them simulationists or wargamers? Hard is it may be to believe,
> there are lots of people who don't want to play in a game world where
> combat consists of 20 people swinging from chandeliers Errol
> Flynn-style,

Zu, Warriors of the Magic Mountain-style, surely? ;-)

> with nobody on the ground actually fighting... ;)

What rubbish.
One of the characters in my Seshnelan campaign is an Errol Flynn type Loskalmi. And we use blasphemous RQ-type roolz, *plus story-telling stuff*, to *simulate* his actions, and great fun it is too! If storytold combat were "utterly worthless" as you declare, the RQ roolz combat I'd have to
run instead would be utterly booooring ...

Anyway, that's one of the reasons HW is so cool ...

Roolz for storytelling ...