Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #534

From: Morgan Conrad <mpc_at_coastside.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 22:18:03 -0700

Nick writes:

>> Seems to me that Simon and Nick (and perhaps others) use the term "nature"
>> to mean "Glorantha in the Golden Age".
>
>Absolutely not. To take only the most obvious examples, there were no winds
>or rains in the Golden Age, the sky was golden not blue, and the sun hung
>motionless in the centre of Heaven, neither rising nor setting. Nobody,
>AFAIK, would nowadays refer to this situation as "natural".

But, but, all your posts on why chaos was unnatural is because it wasn't part of Glorantha as originally created. Following that logic, all the above is, in some sense, "unnatural".

To accept wind, rain, etc. as natural (which I agree with you 100% on) you also have to accept Chaos as natural.

That's why I suggested some other alternate word than "nature" to represent the perfect, as created, chaos-less Glorantha.

Morgan