re: Is Chaos Natural?

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 13:24:31 +0100

>Seems to me that Simon and Nick (and perhaps others) use the term "nature"
>to mean "Glorantha in the Golden Age". Allow me to suggest that somehow we
>*DO* find a better term for that - Glorantha Law ain't that bad.

I think it's terrible, although Dara Happans would agree with you to a man. In what sense is Trickster Lawfull? On the other hand he is part of nature.

> ...... And I
>agree that Chaos is anti-whateverthenewtermis. However, I also believe
>that "Glorantha in the Golden Age" has very little to do with 3rd age
>Gloranthan nature.

Practicaly everything about nature in glorantha in the 3rd age is defined by how things were in the Golden Age. All the mythical relationships developed then and set the pattern for the world now.

>Given this, does that mean Orlanth is an enemy of nature? :-)

Dara Happans and East Islanders say Yes, Orlanthi and Praxians say no.

Simon Hibbs