Broos puzzled by compassion

From: rhwolfe1_at_ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 01:29:21 -0500 (CDT)

On 04/20/99 18:45:04 "Sir Alisander" <sir.alisander_at_earthling.net> wrote:

>Think of the Broo, that night, who can't celebrate with his companions
>the defeat of another stupid human party. He's contemplating a riddle which
>he can't understand: "Why did they do it?". An illuminating/cleansing
>riddle, because when he will understand, he'll know that they did it for
>love, for compassion, for something of which chaos has little. And he'll
>realize that these are the greatest powers in the universe.

No he won't. He's a broo. He'll think, "Wow, taaaaaking over this villaaaage waaaaasss easier thaaaan I thought. Humaaaaaans are weak. Tomorrow I should kill some more!"

And then he'll go rape the livestock.

Dougie's scenario, later on in the same issue, was much more realistic and much more morally ambiguous for good Orlanthi... although I still think most would lop off the CA priestess's head without qualms.