Re: Chaos is boring?

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:52:55 +0100

Neil Smith :

>I think this community has been in the wilderness too long. Most of
>the comments boil down to "but you can write adventures that don't
>involve chaos." Yes, I can. But finding material to base them on is
>hard.

That's perfectly true, very little has been published for RQ3 commercialy for a long time. It's true that Dorastor and Lords of Terror were among the last publications, but so was Strangers in Prax. Since then many of the fan publications have expanded our knowledge of the West, the Lunar Empire and other areas. I too hope that HW expands on these aspects of Glorantha.

>> For Orlanthi Chaos is evil, but that simply isn't so for much of
>> Glorantha.
>
>Show me something other than Orlanthi, and I'll agree with you. As
>will the thousands of newcomers that will arrive through HW.

To be fair, RQ has always concentrated on Dragon Pass and Prax, who's dominant cultures have very specific ideas about chaos. So far as I'm concerned the sooner the Lunar books come out the better.

Simon Hibbs