Re: Stereotyped Storm Bulls

From: Sergio Mascarenhas de Almeida <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:37:26 +0100

Simon:
> The Storm Bull cult is a culturaly acceptable home for pathologicaly
> violent thugs. Praxian and Sartarite society have a place for such
> people in the wider scheme of things.

Do you really think that Praxians have such a system of social classification that it includes a marginal fringe of the society that can be called in RW terms pathologicaly violent thugs?

IMO that's completely wrong. First, those *pathologicaly violent thugs* may be exactly the members of society that ensure the survival and prosperity of the tribe. Just as in the RW where Attila, Tamerlan, Gengis Can. All these fit your qualification as *pathologicaly violent thugs*, but they were at the leading center of their societies. I think that the Praxian society has the likes of the said gentlemen. So, we may find *pathologicaly violent thugs* leading the tribe, and no one in the tribe would dare think about them in the Praxian equivalent (if there is any) of the terms you use.

Second, the worst thing to do to *pathologicaly violent thugs* would be to put them in a 'getto', all toghether, and uncontroled.

IMO, there are all possible reasons for a tribe member to become a follower of Storm Bull, but the less representative (statistically) would be the fact that the tribeman is a *pathologicaly violent thug*.

Sergio

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #540