HW vs RQ

From: Alain RAMEAU <Alain.RAMEAU_at_total.com>
Date: 21 Apr 1999 11:15:23 +0200

     The main purpose of this post is just to ask if somebody has some
     updated information regarding the expected date of issue of HW.

     But, I'd like to take this opportunity to give my feeling as to the HW
     vs RQ recent discussion.

     1/ I'll probably buy HW anyway, whatever the critics, if any, made on
     the game, because I keep some hopes on Issaries staff's competency to
     do a good job (I hope I won't be betrayed).

     2/ But I will use it more for heroquest things or taking out some
     ideas rather than using it as my main rule system for Glorantha
     (unless HW appears to be a really damn good game). The main reason is
     that, after more than 15 years of gaming, my players and I have
     created a bunch of house rules for RQIII which everybody is now happy
     with. It is working very well and I expect major difficulties trying
     to convert my player (and myself !) to a new game system, other than
     for specific points or heroquests stuff. The fact that we may use most
     of those house rules for Call of Cthulhu too is also a strong point
     for my players not being ready to use a different system.

     Alain
     www.btinternet.com/~karamo/rq.htm