Re: Morgan on Chaos

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_csi.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 23:10:21 +0100

Morgan writes:

> Quoting from the sacred texts you cite, the very 2nd sentence of "The
> Nature of Chaos" reads: "But the Gods War weakened that order, and
> admitted chaos into the world, where it still exists." Chaos is in the
> world now, brought there by the actions of the Gods, just like rain
> and storm and a moving sun are now in the world. Any distinction
> between one as "natural" and one as "unnatural" is completely arbitrary.

How on earth you can read the CoT and ItG sections and come out with this understanding baffles me. I suspect you are not even trying.

Julian writes:

> Quibble: Not _all_ of the gods voluntarily chose the Compromise. The
> Devil, for instance, never did ...

The Devil is the antithesis of a god, and was not a participant in the Compromise. As I mentioned before, think of Hitler at Yalta. He wasn't *involved*, but he was the reason the meeting *happened*.

Regards, Nick.