Re: Masterchef

From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:22:09 -0700

>The point I'm trying to make (while getting slightly carried away with my
>example) is that everyone will be sure that their best skill is *the* best
>way of doing *anything* . And, in this game system, it may be the best (if
>the GM can be persuaded) .

I'm going to object to the concept that *everyone* will be sure to use their best skill as a way of doing anything. Frankly, I have watched many playtest groups and games and NEVER seen that occur. People, and this includes beginners who know zilch about Glorantha, tried to use the most appropriate skill. Yes, there may be munchkins hiding out there who might behave like you think everyone does, but that's what GMs are for. Besides, if the GM lets them, and they like it, where's the harm?

So, not trying to be combative, but my experience says the point you are trying to make doesn't happen in HW.

Cheers,

Eric Rowe
Wizard's Attic