Re: Chaos. (Chaaaooossss?)

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:54:23 +0200

Alex F: (sorry, you're not unique name-wise any more, as noted)

> > Note that chaos, the gods' war,
> > the Compromise etc is not _the_ truth. It is just one
> > symbolic interpretation of events beyond human knowledge.
>
> Symbolic interpretation seems a bit harsh. Their interpretation is
> True, in a manner they can demonstrate by their myths, their magic, and
> the entire reality of their culture, no more and no less than the
> mystical PoV is True.

That's actually what I meant: true as in working and internally consistent. But, since conflicting views are equally working and consistent, I maintain that they are interpretations of something which is just beyond sight. We are talking myth after all.

> > Chaos is one denomination for forces of destruction and
> > corruption, but it's just a label.
>
> More specifically, Chaos is pretty much any sort of extra-cosmic
> phenomena, which have an unfortunate tendancy to show up _as_ destruction
> and corruption.

I'd say extra-cosmic is one explanation _why_ they show up as gut-wrenching corruption. Saying that chaos _is_ extra-cosmic gives precedence to the Orlanthi/ Praxian view.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/