Re: Chaos. (Chaaaooossss?)

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 20:12:18 +0100 (BST)

Nils Weinander
> Alex F: (sorry, you're not unique name-wise any more, as noted)

Sob! Not to two-syllable precision, at least...

> > More specifically, Chaos is pretty much any sort of extra-cosmic
> > phenomena, which have an unfortunate tendancy to show up _as_ destruction
> > and corruption.

> I'd say extra-cosmic is one explanation _why_ they
> show up as gut-wrenching corruption. Saying that chaos
> _is_ extra-cosmic gives precedence to the Orlanthi/
> Praxian view.

Well, of course: they are the the ones that have the _concept_ of Chaos. I don't think that if one grants the Orlanthi definition of 'chaos' (that slimy thing over there I'm pointing at), of 'cosmos' in the sense that I'm using it above, that this is at all conversial or culturally relative, apart from the lack of meaning or significance to the particular terms/concepts, and especially moral connotations of same, outside their cultural contexts. Why would you have reason to suspect this is not so?

Cheers,
Alex.