Not playing chaotics

From: Michael O'Brien <obrien.michael.m_at_edumail.vic.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:59:11 +1000

G'day all,

Complicated and tedious technical problems scuppered my usual email access and kept me away from the Glorantha Digest for a while. Things were pretty quiet on the Digest when I last had access; it's great to see a vibrant digest alive and kicking again (compared to a still seemingly ephemeral and hypothetic HW, dammit!)

Not playing chaotics

Andrew Bean notes I am guilty of trying to rewrite history:

> MOB trys not to admit he wrote such a thing nowadays, but his=
> three session Thanatari convention module gave a particularly=
> good feel as to why successful chaotics generally don't last=
> past the morning after (although inflciting appalling damage on=
> their surroundings; chaos or non-chaos in the process).

Yes, I have disowned "In Darklight's Shadow" despite the fact it was published professionally in a Finnish RQ supplement, albeit without my knowledge or consent. I flogged off my only hard copy at a con last year, and as it was written back in the days I owned a mighty Mac Plus, I don't even have it on disk any more.

However, I do intend to put my most recent MGF offering "The Getting of Wisdom" - the one featuring Lhankor Mhy apprentices undergoing the initiate examination (and "field trip" to the temple's underground archives!) - on MOB's Glorantha Page, when I get it back up and running. As you can imagine, it also has its share of self-destructive Thanatari.

Cheers,

MOB PS While my web page is still unfortunately off-line, the new email address above is one I'll be using in future.
Michael O'Brien
Bayswater Primary School
P.O Box 82
Bayswater