Orlanthi and Chaos

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 21:20:07 +1200

Alex Ferguson:

>In a seemingly offhand comment to me, one upon a time, Greg remarked
>that Lokamayadon was _not_ chaotic, which I found odd since (as per
>my earlier comment), lokamayadonism is stated in KoS to be a sort
>of chaotic analogue of the Founding ritual.

>Never was sure what to make of this: "No wonder they call me Greg,
>sometimes I even Greg myself?", or perhaps there's a presumption
>that Lokamayadon was chaotic, but Those Charges Were Never Proved.
>(Pesky Illuminants.)

Surely all True Scotsmen would say "Not Proven"? But the Orlanthi perception of chaos is not quite the same as the universal roolz version. For instance, Kinstrife is seen by the Orlanthi as chaotic yet I doubt Praxian Storm Khans can even sense it (let alone know anything was wrong).

David Dunham:

>(If you want to have a contest of accents, I, as a speaker of
>unaccented English, would be happy to judge.)

comprehensible would have been a better word to use than unaccented.