Defining "powers" (Gods).

From: Abrigon Gusiq <mike_adams61_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 01:22:28 PDT

Dieties and like, the reasons for Cults, or maybe the expression of said things in the Glorantha(sp) universe.

I know from one discussion on Superheros, the idea of a "Gestalt" came about, similiar in concept to the Elemental Lords or the Lords of Chaos/Law in Elric. Namely the personification of a concept, either singular, or multiple of reasons. Examples Hate, Fear, Love, Destruction and like forces.

Sort of using symbols here.

Satan as an Anti-God, or as some may say another God, or other in a more Gnostic vein might say Satan is a Servant of God, same as the other side, all acting to test humanity for some reason we can not conceptualize other than in our very limited way. Much like how I believe Aristotle or Plato said, God/Theos/Logos and humanities knowledge of God, is like a man sitting in a chair, facing the rear of the cave, where as he can not turn his head around to see the mouth of the cave, and what mankind sees of "God" is the light reflecing of the back of the cave from the Sun (Sun being a symbol for God/Light/Logos/Theos/etc).

How this relates to Glorantha and its cults/Gods, we shall see.

Mike