Re Storm Bull

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:38:54 +0100

Brian Tickler :

>You forgot the "IMO" on that first sentence. The fact is, there's no
>such thing as a "culturally acceptable home" for "pathologically violent
>thugs"; these two don't equate. You might as well say that because some
>people join the military due to their "Soldier of Fortune" outlook on
>life that everyone in the military is a mass-murdering psycho.

The Storm Bull cult is not the military wing of Waha. In fact practicaly all Waha initiates are de-facto warrior braves. Storm Bull is clearly even more extreme. Also, I'm goign directly from the desription of the Storm Bull cult, which describes it's members explicitly as both psychotic and anti-social.

>> As for trolls, hunger is the central motivating drive in troll psychology.
>> This is a simple fact. Playing troll this way is not just stereotypical, it
>> happens to be accurate.
>
>That's a load of crap...sorry to be so blunt..."central motivating drive"
>is not equal to "all Trolls ever think about or do"...

Of course it isn't. When have I ever said so?

<Meaningless and irrelevent rant deleted>

Nice straw man Brian! It's a shame nobody actualy holds the views you're so keen to argue against.

> My point, as I've stated and re-stated until I'm blue in the face, is that
>"variety in society" is not worth a hill of beans in Gloranthan gaming
>since we're all playing individuals and small groups. Therefore, depth of
>individual characters is paramount. You don't have to agree with that.
>
>The point made above may have been true, but it was irrelevent to the
>overall discussion...

You see, the problem is that in many perople's games the ordinary inhabitant's of Glorantha, their culture and beliefs are actualy central to the game. Therefore it seems to me that these things are crucial.

Simon Hibbs