Re: Stereotyped Storm Bulls

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:07:36 +0100

Sergio :

>Simon and me agree on most things regarding Storm Bull, except on a point:
>I think that's wrong to qualify the Bullers as pathological violent thugs.

I just believe the cult description, which says so. That seems a reasonable position to take.

There may be a variety of reasons for joining Storm Bull, but ultimately the purpose of the cult is to perpetrate extreme levels of violence. To an extent psychotic is as psychotic does.

>You look at Strom Bull as a type of social terapy. I just think that the
Praxian society is not advanced enough to have such kind of organizations.

I don't think therapy has anything to do with it. As general point some primitive societies have quite sophisticated social institutions. However I do not think the Storm Bull cult is an example of such. It's realy very simple. Every now and then someone is born to a Praxian tribe who is foul tempered, violent and anti-social. These people tend to join Storm Bull, to the general relief of everyone else. He gets to be violent and unruloy, enemies of the praxian people ket killed and the tribe gets on with the important business of survival. That's realy about as sophisticated as it gets - i.e. not very.

Simon Hibbs