Sorcery House Rules

From: arkat_at_telstra.easymail.com.au
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 23:14:38 +1000

Hi

may as well take advantage of being enrolled on this list again to say that today I loaded my house sorcery rules onto my site

I'm not attempting to replace any official rules, for some reason I was uncomfortable with the complexity of all official versions I've seen, and since I no-one's unique maybe some few other folks will find this useful too

So I designed a system that has a loose Runic association, different sorcery schools with both similar and unique spells, cantrips, low magic, high magic, martial cults (like the Arkati) who teach limited sorcery, big spell lists, and other associated details

The result is a detailed guide to creating sorcerers who cast spells as quickly as regular people cast spirit magic (in real time - slower in game terms). And each school or tradition has different spells

Like I said I don't pretend its some masterpiece destined to leap to officialdom, but if you like the idea of personality sorcery thats actually easy to run (although some thought goes into devising the individual sorcerers) - if like me you use a more simplified and quicker combat system, then take a look

www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/5507/runeq.html

cheers

Ian