HW abilities

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:11:41 -0400

> Seriously, if the GM feels a certain ability is indeed appropriate in a=

given situation then the player can use it.

In the HW playtest I ran at the last Convulsion, a Storm Bull NPC was using his Taunt ability to accuse a character of having 'small dick'. The player decided to give a direct refutation and pulled his (character's) organ out.

I decided this was a test of his Burly attribute and had him roll. He lost the contest, so the player decided to spend a plot point to turn it into a victory. At that point my ingenuity failed to come up with a description of just how the plot point was taking effect ...

Andrew