Other Fronelian questions and commentary

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alex.lanciani_at_flashnet.it>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 19:57:59 +0200

Peter (on my Fronelian question):

<< An interesting theory but two facts are known that seem to
refute it.

 Snodal's ghost has been spoken to since the Ban fell (follows quote from 5th Wane History)>>

Actually there is no evidence that the spirit was indeed Snodal's ghost, although it could be without disrupting my idea, no? Even if the heirs have spoken to him, they did not ask the proper question, and this is why he remains Nameless (like the story of the Fisher King). Maybe they did recognize him and so didn't ask (a little fragile). No one has been able to speak to him apart from his heirs, BTW.

<< The Nameless Man, or at least another spirit of the same

    name, has been around long before the Ban fell. The     Fronelan prophecy of the Hero Wars mentions his return     circa the seventh century, implying that he has already     appeared. >>

Uhm... maybe it's a deliberate mistake on the part of scribes. The Nameless Man became so recurrent a theme of Fronela's myth that those who copied the prophecy wrote "returns" instead of "comes" to give the prophecy a longer lifetime. Could it be plausible?

These are my other Fronelian questions:

  1. Could the meritocratic system be corrupted? The pagan Gods have Spirits of Reprisal that punish those who don't deserve the rank they have. What about the Invisible God? Could there be knights - or even wizards - that buy the investiture for their sons?
  2. And women? Do they get to participate in the tournaments?
  3. How do you like a Telmori war party from the KoW which rides chariots pulled by wolves?
	Bye
	A fronelian Alex

P.S: about the AlexQuest... I must admit that Eurmal stole for me the Alex rune to provoke a new Mailers War. Chaos (which was no virus) entered the Digest (and my mail software) and begun corrupting (metaphorically) my accounts so that my posts were randomly from Alexandre or from Sir Alisander. Unfortunatly, though I hear your call to the Tentacles' last stand, I can't come, so we'll have to find another way to compromise!

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #551