Initiate Wars

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:39:57 EDT

Mikael (Eric also said much the same):

<< Trotsky:

>Although you have to admit, surely, that having the keyword 'Storm >Voice'
would tend to imply that one is, in fact, a Storm Voice.

 That's actually not correct. A character who has the keyword 'Storm Voice' primarily means that he has the same basic abilities as a Storm Voice. It does *not* mean he automatically functions as a/the Storm Voice in your clan. >>

      Yes, I realise that this is what it means, and did when I wrote the above. I'm just saying it isn't what one would assume from the terminology. That's why I said 'tend to imply' rather than 'means'.

<<I do agree with you that the terminology is confusing.>>

      Then, this time round, we are entirely in agreement, as that's all I was saying...

<<So, 'Storm Voice', describing both a social position and a set of abilities (which do not always coincide),>>

     Indeed, if Eric is right, and it refers to any member of the cult of Orlanth Thunderous then they *normally* do not coincide, since far more people will have the keyword than hold the social position...

<<I hope this will be more clearly addressed in later versions of HW.>>

     Agreed!

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #552