Re: Bemuri and Storm Bulls

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 11:14:57 -0700

David Weihe

> Still, it would be interesting to compare the Ralian Cattle Hsunchen
> before contacted by the Council to Praxian Storm Bulls, especially in the
> First Age.

I don't think you'll find all that many similar points. Sure, they both depend on "Da Bull" in combat, and may have bull-related fertility magic, but Bemur is the main god of a society, and I don't see Storm Bull as having that same role. And Ralios wasn't ravaged by Chaos the way Prax was.

Post-contact things may actually be more similar. The missionaries probably tried to identify Bemur as Orlanth's brother, and might even have called him Bemurox. And as more people converted to Orlanth worship, Bemur was no longer the main god, and thus had a role closer to Storm Bull's.