Re: God and Anti-God

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 10:54:50 +0200

Nick :

> >> The Devil is the antithesis of a god, and was not a participant in
> the
> >> Compromise.
>
> > Is an anti-god not also a god?
>
> (1) I deliberately said "the antithesis of a god" and not "an
> anti-god", as
> I have no idea what the "Vithelan Antigods" are (and nor do I desire
> to find out).

Well, *I* do !!

> (2) The answer to your question is only "Yes" if you would also accept
> it as
> an answer to: "Is a man not also a woman?" or "Is black not also
> white?" And
> sensible Gloranthans wouldn't. (Exceptions as always).

Also if I do not accept the idea of a god and "the antithesis of a god" as
black and white; *especially* in Glorantha. Are you saying that the Devil
is 100% non-divine in essence? That is an absurd implication !

Or, are you willing to give me a good definition of "god", so that I can
work out the mathematical opposite of such, and thereby understand your
concepts with full awareness?

> > I suspect that : "the gods all accepted the Compromise" = "those who
> didn't
> > were destroyed"
>
> Alright, then it shouldn't be too hard for you to name me just *one* god
> who
> was destroyed for not participating in the Compromise.

Yes it would : I'm thinking of the very gods that the Devil (as cosmic
Entropy) destroyed, and whose names are *lost* ... (although I should have been clearer about the identity of the destructor)

Which is why I used the phrase : "I *suspect* that ..." rather than "It is true that ... "

cheers,

Julian