functial definition of atheism

From: Steve Lieb <styopa_at_iname.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:07:37 -0500

>Ian:
><< Do any of you wonder also that atheists can exist in Glorantha except in
>totally isolated areas, because magic is VISIBLE in Glorantha, that is spell
>casts can be seen as far as I recall?>>

Simply put, atheism is not the functional equivalent of denial of the existence of magic. It has to do with the "denial of God" or in this context "denial of ANY god" I suppose.

For example, sorcerors can be atheists. And they quite commonly are. Debateably, if you are a Malkioni and do not deify Malkion himself, then *all* Malkioni are athiests. The difference between god and godhead, in a sense.
- -Steve Lieb
styopa_at_iname.com
steve_at_necadon.com
http://surf.to/styopa