Re: Storm Bull

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 11:06:20 -0700

Keith N

> On Storm Bloke's cult as a dangerous berserker cult - I feel that this is a
> non praxian (ie Pavic) view of the cult. ...
> He uses raw strength and courage, and so should his followers.

But when Storm Bull's raw strength and courage fail him, he falls back on... more of the same! He's a berserker.

As you point out, he didn't need to do this in the Green Age. (In the Green Age, Storm Bull was the strong, brave bull who protected Eiritha.) But his relative simplicity suggests that he was a Green Age god, who didn't evolve much. (Storm Bull is now the strong, brave bull who protects against Chaos.)

Oliver Bernuetz wrote a Lunar fairy tale. I confess I was waiting for Auntie Jakaleel to tell the girl that there's nothing to be afraid of in the darkness.