Multiverse Gating

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:14:18 EDT

Mike Adams:

<< What would happen, if a character travelled either deliberately or by
 accident to another universe, multiverse or what ever?

 What powers would change, would he/she change any?>>

     It depends on what the GM thinks is entertaining. I've been in campaigns where the answer is 'yes' and others where its 'no'. It may also depend on the particular method used to travel. As such multiverses aren't an inherent part of the Glorantha game-world (OK, there are some possible instances, but they're pretty vague on specifics) there is no 'correct' answer in this instance.

<<If the character was like an Elf, would they transform into a human, or
disapear, or what?>>

     If you're running a campaign where characters do change into their closest equivalents on entering a new world, then a D&D elf would be unlikely to transform into a Gloranthan one, since they're pretty alien by comparison.

 <<Will see if I can find my original questions I asked on the ADND-L and post them here. They are not game specific, as far as I know.>>

     No, but they are most likely setting-specific, and IMO, unanswerable in game settings where the intradimensional gate is not really a feature of the setting. Sorry...

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky