Leonardo

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 11:09:49 +1200

Ian Thompson:

>I reckon that Leonardo the Scientist came through a dimensional rift from
>Michael Moorcock's world of Hawkmoon

You shouldn't. Glorantha is a closed world.

>Other sources of info (as pointed out by Steve) are just too dangerous
>or obscure (Jrusteli/Mostali/Machine Ruins),

Do you know where the Machine City is and what they did? They are in the Southern Leftarm Isles (where Leonardo resides) and in the RQ Companion are said to have invented the same things. A connection with the Machine City is by no means "too dangerous or obscure" as an artifact from there turns up in Duke Raus's posession.

>but also a different world rings true (once again IMHO) gives him carte
>blanche against Mostali copyright too

No, it doesn't. The Mostali are also tough on inventors who stumble upon their secrets independantly.