Re: Scenarios

From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 18:20:50 -0700

>Saying all this is going to go up on the web site "for free" sounds like a
>bit of a cop-out to me. To my mind, it was the scenarios in such great
>packs as 'Borderlands' and 'Griffin Mountain' that made them so great,
>complementing the source material beautifully and making them so evocative,
>so memorable, so playable (and so collectable!), even today.

And forced Chaosium to sell RQ to Avalon Hill.

I'm 100% with you in your desire and needs, but I also have the experience to know what is possible in this industry.

>So Issaries assumes they'll be inundated with submissions! But writing

No. I expect Issaries to go out looking for quality stuff. They might not, but it is what I expect.

>I'd be really disappointed if the HW books went no deeper than the rather
>perfunctory scenario hooks of 'Elder Secrets'. Compare Ian Gorlick's
>wonderful scenario "All at Sea Ashore" in Tales #10 to the insipid Waertagi
>plot hook in ES that inspired it.

I never said there would not be complete scenarios, in fact, I said they would be there as examples. Once again; there will be complete scenarios. There will not be complete books of just scenarios if fiscal sense remains with the company this time.

Eric