Re: Tarsh vs Sartar

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 13:29:11 +0100 (BST)

Adam Betteridge:
> Getting back to my original question is it possible for someone to be
> a member of the "churches" of the 7 Mothers as well as a good storm fearing
> follower of Orlanth?

I think it's at best unlikely, if one means by 'storm fearing' an bona fide active initiate of Orlanth Thunderous (et al). The 7-mums cult, and a coupla others, are to large degree 'custom built' to directly supplant the role of Orlanth. You can still worship the rest of the O. pantheon, of course, and possibly one could worship both Orlanth and certain members of the Lunar pantheon, if your priest is a close friend of Faltikus, or the like. ;-)

One could argue that one could be an Initiate of both the Red Goddess (!) and Orlanth (Illumination, donchaknow...), but I think that's quite staggeringly unlikely. ("What are you, some sort of sandal-less _White Moonie_, man?!")

Cheers,
Alex.