Re: HW, etc.

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_csi.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:45:44 +0100

Norbert writes:

> Since I live in Germany, even if everything goes very smoothly for
> Issaries, and even if I order direct from Chaosium / Issaries, I
> won't have a chance to see what HW is really like before at least
> Nov. / Dec. '99.

If you had been at Tentacle-Con in Bacharach in May 1998, you could have playtested Hero Wars there. The next Tentacle-Con is in a month's time, and I imagine Hero Wars will be on the agenda again, what with Greg Stafford coming over to Germany as Guest of Honour. The convention website is at <http://www.uni-weimar.de/~kuechle1/>, though I believe it's pretty full up by now -- you should be able to find out more there, anyway.

> If the introductory "boxed set" is going to have a basic overview of
> Glorantha only as sketchy as the one in the Glorantha Book from the
> 1984 Deluxe Ed. RQ(3), I'll be downright disappointed.

Absolutely. That was no way to get to love the world.

> If, after all this wait, regional descriptions are at first limited to
> such one-liners as "Prax is populated by nomads" or "Ralios has many
> pleasant summers ...", I'm going to have a fit.

How's about the "Elder Secrets" route instead: "Don't set your game in dangerous parts of the world like Prax, Dorastor, the Elder Wilds or Dagori Inkarth -- set them in some other well-supported Gloranthan locations such as... er... um... well, Apple Lane?"

> By the way, when are we ever going to see an official map of an elf forest
> like Tarinwood?

There was some great stuff in the last issue of "RuneQuest Adventures" (#6, I think) detailing the Stinking Forest of Dragon Pass. Not official, but plenty good enough to work with.

Cheers, Nick