Re: Destroyed by Chaos

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_csi.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 10:40:16 +0100

Julian clarifies:

> [I suspect that : "the gods all accepted the Compromise" = "those who
> didn't were destroyed"]: I'm thinking of the very gods that the Devil
> (as cosmic Entropy) destroyed, and whose names are *lost* ... (although
> I should have been clearer about the identity of the destructor)

So: all the gods who had been killed by other gods, and those who had travelled to the Underworld by other means, joined forces in Hell to swear the Great Compromise. But the gods who had been destroyed by the Chaotic forces of Cosmic Entropy (embodied in the Devil) were utterly annihilated from Glorantha (as would all the gods have been, had they not sworn the Compromise and defeated the Devil): a fate which the gods could not have inflicted upon each other.

This is orthodox, yes. But this suggests to you that there is no difference between being "killed by a god" and being "destroyed by Chaos" (i.e. that the Devil is "just another god", in no way antithetical to the gods)?

I am again confused. Perhaps there is a language barrier?

Cheers, Nick