Telmori Chariots and Basmoli Cavalry

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alex.lanciani_at_flashnet.it>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 12:50:28 +0200

Trotsky:

<< [Me]

<< 3) How do you like a Telmori war party from the KoW which rides chariots pulled by wolves?>>

     Well, regular Telmori certainly wouldn't do it IMO since it would be enslaving their totem as a beast of burden, which isn't allowed in hsunchen religion. While the KoW are not regular Telmori, I'd personally still imagine
that they'd have to follow their god's normal restrictions to that extent, so
I don't really see this as a possibility, I'm afraid. Not that there mightn't
be someone in the KoW who does do this, of course, just that I don't think that they'd be Telmori.>>

        Is this your opinion or are you paraphrasing from some hsunchen religion description?

        IMO this would not be enslaving the wolf. I don't think the Telmori are so sentimentalists. It would be exploiting both man and beast best resources, and the wolf needn't be an actual wolf, but perhaps a shapechanged Telmori (not that they know the difference, of course). The killer instinct of the wolf enhanced by technological means (the chariot): IMHO very Kingdom of War.

        What I'm trying to say that animal life has no room for politically correct behavior, and hsunchen society should reflect this. The rider doesn't make the puller a beast of burden, but the two make a team: one pulls the weapon, the other uses the weapon. The point would be: is this a good tactic? I think this is the only question that matters from an hsunchen POV.

        In the same spirit, I like the idea of lion riding Basmoli berserker. The lion would not be treated as a beast of burden: but in Prax, if you want to stay alive, you have to move often and fast. And lions are faster and stronger that their bipedal brothers. Pragmatic, not racist.

        Hsunchen are *not* WWF members! :)

	Bye
	Andre (and here is my second rune)